I'll be posting quick updates in this thread.
Ok. the ETA for 0.1 moved to October.
There's couple changes in the project. I was going to work in a private repo and only use github for releases.
But I switched to github for everything. It'll be easier this way. So all the recent changes are there.
0.1 will be linux-only release. I want to focus on 1 platform first.
Also, I'm dropping the idea of using DLLs, at least in the base version of this app. I just like the idea of having one executable for everything.
At the moment I'm doing the i/o properly. IOCP on windows, epoll on Linux.
It's close, but more work is needed.
I've also probably given up on the idea to have a single thread do everything. The main thread is going to process requests, and the maintenace thread will wake up every now and then to do DB tasks and so on. I just want the main thread to block on accepting new connections, and I dont want my maintenance tasks interfering with that.
That's it for now. The release is coming, but it's somehat delayed because, of course, I spent 2 weeks developing an engine for the next Ludum Dare jam. Sigh.
Thanks for you patience and I'll see you all next time.